Torn Space Theater COVID-19 Policy
Torn Space Theater will follow recommendations from the CDC, New York State, and Erie County. We will continue to keep patrons informed of specific protocols for upcoming events. At this time, masking and proof of vaccination are not required for event attendees.
If you are not feeling well on the day of your performance, please stay home and contact the box office to review your ticketing options.
- Contact Tracing
- All names and addresses of patrons will be collected with ticket purchases in the event that a coronavirus case is found to have been on-site at some point during the production.
- Masks will be optional for vaccinated patrons, TST will have masks available for those who desire to use them.
- Social Distancing
- Entry and exits to Torn Space events will be staggered when possible.
- All staff must be vaccinated for indoor production work.
- Social Distancing
- Technicians running indoors performances will maintain distance when possible as determined by Production Manager.
- Any surfaces used by multiple technicians (laptop, light board, etc) will be wiped with sanitizing wipes regularly between uses. This will be mitigated as much as possible and necessity will be determined by Production Manager.
- All actors must be vaccinated to perform in a Torn Space production due to the intimate nature of backstage and onstage work.
When on-site, the following safety measures must be maintained by all (this includes patrons and Torn Space personnel including performers, crew, volunteers, and management staff):
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Masks are optional for vaccinated patrons, cast and crew. Torn Space will have extra face masks for crew, cast, volunteers and patrons on-site.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be established for audience and backstage use. Sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol will be provided. Sanitizer should be left to dry on the skin, not wiped off after application.
- Bathrooms are available for hand washing. Hand washing with soap for 20 seconds is shown to be effective for removing coronavirus from the hands.
- Shared spaces/objects will be regularly cleaned and sanitized. This includes technical equipment (ex. sound/light boards, specifics to be determined on-site), restrooms and high touch surfaces in common areas such as the Adam Mickiewicz bar.
- Contact Tracing and Infection
- If any personnel becomes infected with coronavirus, they must immediately notify Torn Space management and quarantine for a minimum of 10 days if they have symptoms or 7 days if they do not.
- Before entering the production site, all staff, cast and crew must provide proof of completion of vaccination series at least 14 days prior to the their first day on-site. Torn Space encourages all staff, cast, and crew to complete the COVID-19 vaccination series.
- Personnel will receive a digital copy of the Torn Space Health Safety Plan. Signing of contracts will include agreement to comply with mandates established in the safety plan.
- Torn Space will include covid policy in marketing/event descriptions.
- Torn Space will make the Health Safety Plan available to patron viewing via website.
- Targeted e-mails will remind patrons about the event safety precautions, sanitizing protocols and their role in maintaining health and safety in the theater.
Thank you for helping us create performance in a healthy environment during this difficult time. The success of our work relies on your support.